cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router showing red power light

Chezzablezza

Router showing red power light

Had intermittent broadband over last 5 days, mostly down that up. Tried all the troubleshooting guides they gave me, replaced all the cables and still having constant problems. Been using Technicolor router since sign up 8 years ago so I'm thinking it's the router. Power light almost always red. It continually tries to reboot itself and the odd time its successful and i have connection for a few minutes. Does anyone know how I go about getting a new router? Can't sit for 54 minutes to get through to a customer advisor Sad keep being told to follow troubleshooting guide numerous times which I have. So frustrated! Never had a problem with plusnet since I joined in 2010 but the customer service is very poor and no one is helping!
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Router showing red power light

Welcome to the forum.

If you take out a new contract and ask then Plusnet will give you a Hub Zero router fot the P&P cost. Be aware though that the performance is dire by modern standards. If you're willing to have a go at setting one up yourself using the simple instruction you will find on this forum then go onto Ebay and spend about £30 on a BT Smarthub 6. Whatever you do don't buy a router from Plusnet as there's better routers around for less.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Chezzablezza

Thank you so much for your help and advice! Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Off to browse eBay!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Chezzablezza,

I'm sorry that your router has stopped working properly and for the wait times that you experienced when you tried to contact us about this.

If you purchase a third party router you'll need to configure it with the following settings to work on our network (you will need to consult the manufacturer or the manual to gain access to your router and find the necessary pages.):

Encapsulation Type: PPPoA (PPP over ATM)
Username: your account username@plusdsl.net
Password: Your account password

Multiplexing Method: VC-MUX

VPI: 0
VCI: 38

If you'd prefer a Plusnet router that's pre-configured with your account details, I'd recommend speaking to our customer options team as they'll be able to run through the different options for getting you a new router. Their direct number is 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm

Saturday 9am - 7pm

Sunday 9am - 6pm

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team