cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router settings and authentication failure

greenmr

Router settings and authentication failure

My John Lewis/Plusnet BB has been down for over 3 weeks.  There is no fault on the line and the phone works, but apparently there is a problem with my router settings -  'No Auth and nothing detected on BTW RADIUS or Secret RADIUS. Testing show as in sync. Calling to go through manual Auth'

The fix provided so far (see below) has failed.  Has anybody else seen this problem before?  I suspect the my BB is switched off at the exchange, but can't be sure. 

thanks,

Martin

Ensure that you are connected to the router (either via an Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi connection)
1. Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) 
2. In the URL address bar where it normally starts with "http://" please remove all the information in there
3. Please type http://192.168.1.1 and press enter
4. You should be prompted for a username and password, the defaults are as the below:
Username: admin
Password: ******** (I have removed my password)
5. Once you are on the Zyxel Router landing page please click on Network Setting option at the bottom of the screen, then click on Broadband. Here you can see a grid with several entries. 
7. the next will depend is you are setting up an ADSL or VDSL (Fibre) connection. For the corresponding entry, follow it to the right and click on the edit icon which looks like like a pencil and paper.
8. Ensure there is a tick-box for enabled has a tick in it. Then in the PPP information section, enter your broadband details in the username & Password fields (this is XXXXXXXXX@john-lewis.com and the password you use to access the account)
8. Then click the apply button, and the router should connect to the internet.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Router settings and authentication failure

Welcome to the Plusnet forum. As you're a John Lewis customer do not be surprised if this post is moved to the everything else board.

Having said this the report says your router is connected to the exchange (it is in sync) so the problem is either due to you not entering the password correctly, a problem in the exchange in that your line is not being connected to JL properly or JL have failed to set up your account properly. The best way to check your user name and password is to see if you can log into your JL account using them. One mistake people use when setting up the router is to use either the router or wifi password instead of the account one. Failing that I'm afraid that you will have to talk to JL. Although there is a supply connection between JL and Plusnet they are run separately. It was the lack of a forum that put me off going to JL.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

greenmr

Re: Router settings and authentication failure

Thank you for your response and insights.  I can login to my JL account, wifi, router, and I believe my JL authentication login to be correct. I have raised a query and have been in contact with JL from over 2 weeks ago but the problem remains unsolved.   I am close to switching to another supplier as the only way to get a BB connection back.