cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router reset twice today

RobH
Dabbler

Router reset twice today

On unlimited fibre and this morning the router (582n) reset itself, struggled when it came back to reestablish an connection, the same thing happened 30 minutes ago, trying to work out out if this is the router or something else.
Anyone else had similar issues today?
7 REPLIES 7
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Router reset twice today

I wish I could help but I gave up using my 582n weeks ago. I found it "not fit for purpose".
RobH
Dabbler

Currently speed says 3mb down, 800K up I guess something is wrong with the line.
RobH
Dabbler

TG582n FTTC router Wifi has died

Looks like another 582n WIFI problem:
No problem before today but the router has reset itself twice. Since this happened this morning my wifi performance has degraded, my own laptop in its usual position normally records 32mb download, currently recording 3mb. Same with another PC in another room, the performance has gone from 36mb to 3mb. With my laptop if i stand within 20cm of the router I get 32mb but it dies off around 1m away (no walls). Wired is still 36mb. All day various devices round the house have dropped connection. Only 1 month old the router and seems to have died WIFI wise.
I have raised a help ticket but maybe I need to think of an alternative.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi RobH,
I can see that we have arranged a new router to be sent out to you, let us know how you get on with it.
RobH
Dabbler

Wiil do, hopefully will avoid the on rush of family members asking why the internet has gone(as per 15 minutes ago) when it reset and dropped off in performance again.
Just out of interest will the replacement auto set up or as it has a different serial number will I need to set it up myself?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It should come out already scanned and ready to set itself up Smiley
Graham21
Grafter

Quote from: RobH
Looks like another 582n WIFI problem:
No problem before today but the router has reset itself twice. Since this happened this morning my wifi performance has degraded, my own laptop in its usual position normally records 32mb download, currently recording 3mb. Same with another PC in another room, the performance has gone from 36mb to 3mb. With my laptop if i stand within 20cm of the router I get 32mb but it dies off around 1m away (no walls). Wired is still 36mb. All day various devices round the house have dropped connection. Only 1 month old the router and seems to have died WIFI wise.
I have raised a help ticket but maybe I need to think of an alternative.

I would be interested in getting your Wi-Fi router back so that I can test it or have Technicolor look at it.
Will have someone get in touch with you about this.