cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router rebooting

FIXED
jparm

Router rebooting

Been with plusnet a couple of weeks now, I bough a BT homehub 6 to improve wifi coverage. At least once a day the router reboots itself, in the system logs I see :WDG Laststatus:: # Current boot was caused by Power Reset.  Does this mean the problem is with the router rather than the line?  Previously I was with sky for years and the line was incredibly stable, never noticed any disconnects and the speeds were the same.  I'm happy to return the router and buy a different one if it is definitely that that is the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Router rebooting

Why not put the Plusnet router back for a bit to see if that cures it?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @ jparm.

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the new router, the powering off is a little frustrating I'm sure.

I can't see how we'd be asking the router to reboot however I did check your connection which does show some disconnects yesterday and one on Wednesday. These are for very short periods and would be indicative of a router reboot, perhaps. I'd suggest referring to the router help and information pages otherwise there may be information available online or via BT's Community pages on the issue. As suggested by  @ Baldrick1, if you've still got the Plusnet router try seeing whether the same issue applies by swapping it for a while.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks - LF

jparm

Thanks for the help guys, no rebooting or disconnects since I plugged the plusnet router back in.  In fact I don't even notice any difference in wifi coverage compared to the BT one so I'll probably just stick with the plusnet router.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @jparm,

I am glad to hear connection is now stable. Please let us know if anything changes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team