cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router random resets and DLM

davvy76
Grafter

Re: Router random resets and DLM

Well the new router has arrived but the sync remains low so I guess its a waiting game now:
davvy76
Grafter

No change as of yet with throughput and still syncing at 5. odd mb rather than the 9.4mb its capable of.
davvy76
Grafter

Again, no change. What is supposed to happen next? BT have confirmed there's no fault on my line and it syncs at 9.4.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: davvy76
Again, no change. What is supposed to happen next? BT have confirmed there's no fault on my line and it syncs at 9.4.

Where have you seen it syncing at 9.4?  I'm seeing you syncing at 5399?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
davvy76
Grafter

Thats exactly the point of the thread, its syncing much lower than its capable of. Prior to moving to plusnet I had no issues with broadband speed or sync rates,  previously it was 38mb on fttc and prior to that around 9mb on adsl2+, 9.4 is perfectly normal for my connection over adsl2+., not 5339 with a throughput of 3.03Mbps. Examples are when the bt engineer was here as per ticket 78266998 and the engineer notes in reply #30, as per reply #12 when using my sky router, reply #18 is 9.1 .
davvy76
Grafter

And again just now using the other sky router I have:
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Is the Sky router still plugged? Ran a line test at 15:19 at it shows downstream sync of 5903, upstream 1115.
If it's not then I can retry the test when it is plugged in
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
davvy76
Grafter

No it was unplugged after that post as although it syncs my credentials no longer work. I can plug it in again and leave it for you to run a test again now if you like? Not sure what it will achieve though as the BT engineer confirmed the line can sync at 9.4. Anyhoo, i'll plug it in now and leave it running.
davvy76
Grafter

This is what its syncing at now using the sky router, as you can see the link state is down because my sky details are no longer valid since the move to plusnet but it does demonstrate line sync speed in excess of what the tg582n is showing:
Full size http://i.imgur.com/Y4CxT71.jpg

I'll leave it connected and continue to borrow my neighbours wi fi in the mean time.
davvy76
Grafter

This is the view from the sagem f@st2504 web admin stats page:
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

This is what it's sync'd at now, there's a lot of errors on the downstream though:
Speed: 1039 10551
157 errored second since it resync'd which is a lot.
I'm wondering if the chipset in the routers are behaving differently based on the line conditions and the Sky router's is being less conservative and allowing the router to sync at a higher rate, but a rate that sees errors.
That was the interesting thing I wanted to see between the 2 routers. We do see differences in sync rates between routers but more often on long lines as some chipsets are better than others on long lines. This isn't that long a line and while 10Mbps for the line length is doing extremely well, 5Mbps is below what you'd expect for the length of line and attenuation.
Did you say you had another router or was I misreading? What sort is it if you do?
You can switch back to the other router by the way.

Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
davvy76
Grafter

Cheers Dave, I did have a tp-link router  (see reply 24) but when I realised it had made no difference to the state of play other than higher sync I returned it and exchanged for a wireless extender. The only routers I have now are the tg582n, Netgear dg845gt (wireless is kaput so retired),  sagecom 2504n and sagecom 2504,  which all sync higher than the tg582n. One was from sky adsl2+ and the other was from sky fttc both at the same address on the line plusnet is now currently on. From my end all that changed is the router and isp so how I've gone from a decent sync and speed to this I have no idea.
davvy76
Grafter

So after reconnecting the tg582n after the sky sagem experiment I let it re-sync and left it for 14 hours, these are the results:

A nice improvement, however after rebooting it today the sync has dropped again to 5300 odd. I really don't understand what's happening considering the line was good for 38mb fttc in November of this year.
davvy76
Grafter

Another day, another router, another slow internet with constant drops. I don't get it, BT say the line is good for 9.4, which it was with my old isp until November of 2013 when I switched to plus.. Quiet line test seems quiet too, is there possibly a fault with the dslam? My patience has just about retired and would love a mac code, my month with plusnet has not been a happy one.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

What does this say https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and are those speed results wired or wireless