cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router random resets and DLM

davvy76
Grafter

Re: Router random resets and DLM

Hi spraxyt, thanks for the reply, the line speed is indeed 4.1 as you say. My concern now is that the dlm will be messed up again due to the amount of router reboots. I'm going to go and buy a third party router today to replace the tg582n thus hopefully solving the router issue once and for all.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If the TG582n is under 12 months old Plusnet should replace it under warranty. Even if you purchase a replacement having a spare for line-fault diagnostic testing is useful.
If the DLM does react adversely to the disconnections the Digital Care Team staff on the forums will probably be happy to do a training reset if you can demonstrate connection stability for a suitable period.
David
davvy76
Grafter

Its a new connection spraxyt, went live on the 19/11/13. I doubt theres a line fault as I came from a rock solid sky fibre connection (38Mbps) and prior to that it was a sky llu product that synced at approx 9Mbps, so getting a stable connection shouldn't be an issue. It's even got one of them new BT faceplates with the filter built in and a run of cat5 to where the BT fibre modem used to be which is where I've plugged the Plusnet router into. I only switched to save myself 20 quid a month and live with slower broadband, just not this slow. Saying that i'm 99% sure its the router at fault, I didn't manage to get a new one today so that will be a job for tomorrow, could do with one anyway seen as the bundled routers struggle with wifi through the concrete walls of my house hence using the old Sky router as an extender.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120359.msg1043257.html#msg1043257
davvy76
Grafter

Argh! New router, higher sync, lower throughput, what on earth is going off? Is there a cooling off period for this service?
davvy76
Grafter

Still having problems with my sync speed yo yo'ing. At one point yesterday it was in the low 3k bracket. Not at all impressed seen as my previous sky ADSL2 (9k) and then fibre (38mb) on the same line had no issues. Again its a relatively new BT line with cat 5 and new BT filter plate, the only thing changed is ISP, in fact for some reason as already stated my sky connection with ADSL 2 is still active and syncing in the high 9k range!
davvy76
Grafter

Just to add its not malware on the PC as there's 3 connected, 2 phones, tablet and Xbox one, all exhibiting the same issues. At times the web is unbrowsable and page don't resolve, it often times out just getting to the Google home page and the lan activity reports loss of connection on all devices .
davvy76
Grafter

Another day another fabulous speed test:

As per usual the downstream attenuation is around 42db just like in my previous posts which should be good for approx 8500kbps. I've done the 17070 quiet line test and there's no discernible noise. Confusing!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that, hope the engineer visit on Friday helps get it sorted for you.
davvy76
Grafter

Just to update a nice young lady from BT has visited and completed a line test. At the master socket her  testing equipment syncs at 10Mbps and on the cat 5e extension to the router it syncs a 9.5Mbps, both completely error free. Whats the next step?
davvy76
Grafter

Not to worry, I just noticed the ticket has been updated to provide a new router although i'm not sure what this will achieve since I bought a third party router as per this tread below and the issue remained. For reference it was a Tp-link TD-W8960N
Quote from: davvy76
Argh! New router, higher sync, lower throughput, what on earth is going off? Is there a cooling off period for this service?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Davvy76:  Random question.  Do you have an Xbox?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
davvy76
Grafter

Hi Kelly,
I do indeed have an xbox one, why do you ask? Its set to power saving though so it doesn't download updates unless I physically switch it on, just in case you were thinking it was background downloading whilst I was doing speedtests. It's also hard wired into a 5 port network switch which in turn gets the internet via cat5e from the plusnet router.
Kelly
Hero

I've seen the odd report of people having their routers reboot when they were attempting to connect to Xbox live.  I don't support that matches with your experience does it?
Kelly Dorset
davvy76
Grafter

Hi Kelly, I don't think its xbox related when I look at the graph on the previous page, theres times where it shows sync loss when the xbox would definitely be off such as mid day and after 2am, 7am etc.
Kelly
Hero

Ok, just thought I'd check!
Kelly Dorset