cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router password

abaxter1977

Router password

Hi all,
Help needed. I need to reset my password for the router as I have completely forgot it.
How do I do it?
2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Router password

Resetting your router to default settings will reset the password to its default value.  Most routers have a button recessed inside a pinhole to reset.  Poke this with a pin or unwind a paper-clip and use that. 
whelpton
Grafter

Re: Router password

ReedRichards is right; if you are using a Plusnet supplied Thomson router there should be a reset hole between the power cable and the first two Ethernet lights on the back of the router. Push a pin in there (pen won't work, believe me I've tried several times) and hold till the light goes red. Release & wait for a few moments whilst the five lights flash and reset to green.
If you are using a 3rd party router, you should be able to find the information on their websites or with the end user manual that came with the router.
Alternatively, a Plusnet supplied router will have the password written on the bottom of the router; it is the routers serial number & should begin with CP and several numbers.
Remember that the serial number is case sensitive so make sure you hit the caps lock key before typing it in.