Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router packed up - need another

hamilton36
Grafter

Router packed up - need another

Hi,
My router has packed up and I need another.  I agree to sign on for another year and pay the postage.
Can you send me a replacement, please?
Many thanks,
Alex
8 REPLIES 8
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Router packed up - need another

Hi Alex,
I'll contact you in shortly Smiley
Dan
hamilton36
Grafter

Dan,
There were a lot of emails about the fault "Failed Authentication" and the same time as I lost Internet connection.  So, be frank with me!  Is it my router or is it you that has caused this?
Alex
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As you haven't said what it has caused it's very difficult to say...  Wink
DanHodby
Grafter

Alex,
I'm not sure if you are aware or not but there was an outage last night. It caused authentication failures which is probably what you have seen.
You've been back online since 10am without any drops in connection so it looks like what you think was caused by the router was actually just the outage.
Are you seeing any further issues or is everything back to normal?
hamilton36
Grafter

Dan,
I plugged in my spare router and got back on line yesterday morning. Once I saw that you were back on air  I plugged in the regular router and it would not work, so I contacted you on the spare one.  Later in the day, I saw a notice on your website saying that restroring factory settings is required  and I tried that. Now the router works, but it involved me in re-setting the Wi-Fi connection on my Epson printer.  However, before I did all that, I got the message from you on my mobile that the new router is on the way.
The point is that without a spare router I would not have been able to see your announcement and I would not have known what to do, nor would anyone else!
If you are able to re-call the new router, please do so.
Thanks for your help.
Alex
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the update and glad to hear the factory reset managed to fix the problem. I'm afraid that we're unable to cancel the delivery of the new router now this is in flight however I'll arrange for a pre-paid bag to be sent out to you within the next few days if you wouldn't mind posting this back?
hamilton36
Grafter

Hi, Adam,
The router arrived this morning.  Now waiting for the pre-paid bag to send it back to you.
Best,
Alex
hamilton36
Grafter

Hi again, Adam,
You said that a pre-paid bag will be sent to me in which to return the router, but there is a Tab in the top left corner of the address label, which says "Lift here to return"!
I have not attempted to "lift" it but it looks as if I am meant to stick that tab to cover my address and bang the router back in the post box. 
Should I do that?
Best regards,
Alex