cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router now not working.

stefen
Dabbler

Router now not working.

Hi there, last night - just after midnight, I lost internet connection. I thought it was a coincidence that it was around midnight and thought it could be maintenance work ( now confirmed). In case it wasn't, I turned my router off and then back on. The Internet light was showing as red but when i moved it the light changed to green for several seconds before going back to red and then completely out. I used a wire to reset the router without success, so left it alone until this morning. The Internet light was still off, so changed the micro-filter and also tried a different router. This has given me a connection, so returned to the original router, which still wouldn't give internet connection. Why would the router stop working when it appears to have been a maintenance problem. Turning it on and off or resetting the default button shouldn't have caused damage should it ?
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Router now not working.

Quote from: stefen
Turning it on and off or resetting the default button shouldn't have caused damage should it ?

No it shouldn't. If you factory reset it you might have removed your username and password. If not then you may just need to go into the router interface and click connect.
Jojo Smiley
grudkin
Grafter

Re: Router now not working.

I didn't know about the maintenance last night when my internet went down, I logged in to the router (TG582n) and it was showing that the PPP was session up!
I decided to try a gateway hop in case it was a gateway issue so clicked on the disconnect button, but when I clicked the connect button I got "authentication failed".
This morning I had to log in to the router again and click the connect button which was successful as the PPP session had not reconnected automatically.
This I believe may confirm what Jojo said!