cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router light keeps changing to solid orange

jrbarms

Router light keeps changing to solid orange

Can someone help?

My router light keeps turning to solid orange. I have restarted it and turned it on and off but that’s about the extent of my abilities and that hasn’t worked.

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Router light keeps changing to solid orange

What's the username in the router, you can check by:

Username and password are located on the router - it will be admin
Once logged in go to:
Advanced Settings > Broadband
what is Broadband Username?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Router light keeps changing to solid orange

Good morning @jrbarms

Thanks a lot for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I can see that the line disconnected a few times yesterday, was this while you were resetting the router? I've run some tests on the line which are not picking up on any issues, though from what you've said, the router is losing authentication.

Moving forward, please give the router a factory reset, before taking the following steps:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the router, open up a web browser, and in the URL Field, enter 192.168.1.254, you should now be on your Plusnet Hub One Manager.

2. Navigate to Advanced Settings, you’ll now be asked to enter your admin password, this can be found on the router itself.

3. You should now see a sub-menu, select “Broadband”. Scroll down, and click “Disconnect”

4. You should now be able to edit your Broadband Username and Password. Your Broadband Username will be accountusername@plusdsl.net, and your Password will be the one that you use to log into your online Member Centre.

5. Click “connect”, you should now be good to go.

These steps are to ensure that the router has the correct account details.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds