cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps dropping connection

KIBAZ

Router keeps dropping connection

For the past 2 weeks now i've had problems with my routers connection, it happens all hours of the day and has been having problems daily without fail. Is there a reason as to why it keeps dropping out as it seems a little intermittent. I'm using the hub1 router and package is unlimited fibre. Another quick question i was wondering if plusnet support get involved with any issues people have on here?
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Router keeps dropping connection

@KIBAZ Welcome to the forums. the PN Help Team do get involved on here, but are a bit thin on the ground at the moment so most support is from fellow Community members.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
KIBAZ

@jab1 thank you for the welcoming. I've screenshotted everything needed i think, i couldn't find where to add them in the post but they're in my photo album and you should be able to view them. I also did the noise test which it never brought any abnormal noises and was quiet as a mouse.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Thanks for those screenshots, @KIBAZ . To embed them in a post, when replying, click the icon to the right of the 'smiley' and follow the instructions - if you could do that, please, they are much easier to read. Also, can you post your 'Help desk' page from the Hub, obscuring your username?

John