cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is accessible from the internet

Claire_T

Router is accessible from the internet

Hi just recently joined plusnet and today I have a warning from avast app downloaded on my phone that the router could be accessible from the internet. I’ve had a look online and it suggests changing default password on the router but when I’ve logged in using the IP address I can’t see this option. Does anyone have any ideas. I have a 2704n router by the way
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Router is accessible from the internet

Does the app provide any further context? In particular port numbers? The router will be accessible over a certain port for remote management purposes, however it's definitely not accessible to all.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Claire_T

It just says

‘Configuration of the wireless router is accessible from the internet and can be hacked. Your personal data may be at risk.’

I’ve had to router set up for a week and this is the first time it has come up
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Click 'proceed' here, then 'all service ports' and post the result - https://www.grc.com/shieldsup

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@bobpullen I have Avast installed on my desktop and get a rotating list of 'threats' reported. Always check them out the first time they appear, but so far they have never proved true - this is scaremongering to persuade the unwary to upgrade to the paid version - IMO.

John
Claire_T

Thanks for the link. It says passed my system has achieved a perfect trustealth rating