cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router hasn't arrived after 2 weeks

jmr5701

Router hasn't arrived after 2 weeks

My Plusnet router has not arrived, twice in a row. Originally I said for it to be delivered to my address and it did not come. The engineer came to that same address and got the broadband ready, so I know it's correct. Ordered another router after the first one didn't come for a week, and now this one also has not come.

Tried to get the 2nd router recorded delivery but it could not happen. Plusnet has no live chat, does not reply to Twitter, and takes 45 minutes to get through on the phone.

Can I track it? Where could it be? Can anyone help? Does anyone working for Plusnet ever help customers?

I think if it doesn't arrive in 2 days I'll switch supplier. They will bill me for a month's worth of internet even though WiFi has been inaccessible and I am paying extra on my non-Plusnet phone bill to tether my phone to my laptop for WiFi. Speaking of tethers, I'm at the end of mine.

6 REPLIES 6
Overscore
Rising Star

Re: Router hasn't arrived after 2 weeks

Sorry to hear of your problems. Phoning customer services is your only recourse.

To cancel you need this form:

https://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

As far as charges for early termination, be careful. Below is a section from:

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/early-termination-charges/

Residential broadband and phone charges

• We take your monthly charge, including any discounts
  • We then deduct the current rate of VAT
  • We then reduce the charge to take account of any costs we save because of you leaving early, such as wholesale costs
  • We then deduct 1% for early payment
  • We multiply this figure by the remaining months of your minimum term to get the final charge you owe. Any part month will be charged daily on a pro rata basis. Any remaining credit on your account will be taken off your total.

You will not have to pay any phone early termination charges for any remaining period of the minimum term for which you have Line Rental Saver.

Example charge:

You have Unlimited Fibre and Line Rental at £23.99 a month, with three months and 20 days remaining on your minimum term.

We take off VAT, leaving us with £19.99.

We deduct a value for our costs saved, for example £12, giving us £7.99.

We deduct a further 1% for early repayment, making the total £7.91.

This figure is multiplied by the three full months you have remaining, giving us a charge of £23.73. We then calculate the pro rata amount for the other 20 days. If you left us in September, which has 30 days; 20 days divided by 30 days is 0.67. This is then multiplied by £7.91 to give us £5.30.

Your early termination charge would therefore be £23.73 + £5.30, totalling £29.03.

Hope you get it sorted.

jmr5701

Thank you! I got it sorted in the meantime.

WTAF
Dabbler

Similar experience to you.  This company is scum.  I am not sure what to do -- you literally cannot get through to these pieces of [-Censored-] and their Live Chat has mysteriously stopped working ever since they took my money

WTAF
Dabbler

How did you manage to get it sorted?  How did you contact them?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @WTAF

Sorry to read you've had some trouble getting in touch with us over live chat - to confirm the live chat facility for support has not been active for a while, and our social media channels are not instant response. 

To confirm routers are processed and dispatched about 3-5 working days before a service is installed/transfers over to us. As such your router has started to be processed today and should arrive in the next couple of days in line with your activation. You can find more information on your activation here

Thanks. 

WTAF
Dabbler

Hello Mads,

So I've finally received a message today saying my router has been posted today and will arrive "in three to five working days."  My broadband goes live this Friday.  How exactly am I supposed to connect to broadband on Friday without a router?Huh

Where's the tracking number for the router?

And what is my new phone number?

This is the most bizarre customer service I have experienced.