Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router failing

DaveMcC
Grafter

Router failing

Hi
The Chrome book that we have is not able to get online as from today, this is done via a wifi router which is set up as a repeater
When I tested both repeater's on different net works they work 100% "one is spare, and un-used"  hence 2 repeaters.
Neatgear DG834 v3
This wired modem that 2 computers one Xbox "via net power adapter" and the repeaters works, or so I thought until I tried to go in as admin to check settings
I could only log in with one computer / system.  Dual booting computers
Advice needed to get wifes Chrome book back on line
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
DaveMcC
Grafter

Re: Router failing

That was interesting, every thing just failed for about 3-5 minutes
How do I get a new router ? any where to phone?
shure
Grafter

If I read you correctly you don't have a router supplied by PN, in which case they will most likely charge you full price for a new one now.  There are plenty of places online or in store where you can get a router of your choosing. 
Not sure I understand your post completely, though.  Are you saying that one computer is able to log into the router page, while others can't?
DaveMcC
Grafter

Think I got to the root of my problem, the wired router "Netgear" which is master in this set up has failed, well its mucking about, so I switched it over the other Netgear router "Wireless" and every thing works except this one don't hold onto a pass word. (Open wifi)
The other Wireless router Thompson "PN" when set u as master don't have enough woof to bark loud enough for it to work though out the house, but does in the back field for the neighbors to pick up, that ain't no good, so it was set up as a repeater in the fount to keep wife happy, and now she is sad as she had to visit feckbook via the back of house which has no TV
Any way I have been with PN for many years with www and phone line
Dave