cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router doesn't recognise account login details

snowbrother
Dabbler

Router doesn't recognise account login details

My service, broadband and phone, we're working fine. I changed my account login password yesterday but my router now doesn't recognise the new password. I've tried changing the user name and password manually in the hub manager but it refuses to connect to Internet. The hub will only connect to the Internet in the setup mode. Any help?
6 REPLIES 6
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Router doesn't recognise account login details

Hi @snowbrother  and welcome to the forums

Plusnet are having 'difficulties' at the moment with some of their computer systems (quite possibly human error too).

I wouldn't personally do any more tweaks, head scratching etc and hang on until on of the community team pick this thread up.

The fact your router reverts to the setup@plus..... kinda tells me your password reset request is stuck. Trying many times could well make this harder to solve.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @snowbrother 

Looks like you spoke to somebody yesterday and the raised a fault ticket for our supplier in to investigate further? 

I would suggest letting the engineer do their investigation and progressing forward accordingly form that point. 

Thanks,

MoR

snowbrother
Dabbler

Morning, Engineer has been and replaced the box however router still refuses to recognise the password / account settings and nto overly convinced the engineer responsible for the hardware is going to be able to address a software / account issue.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@snowbrother - can you try again for me now? 

I've made some remote alterations to your account. 

Thanks, 

MoR

snowbrother
Dabbler

Afternoon thanks for that it’s now up and work. However my dilemma now is doing I update the login password as it was one the guy I spoke to yesterday I’m the support team gave me to test it.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @snowbrother 

Your account password and router authentication password should always be the same - if they are not then you will not be able to gain a connection. 

Thanks,

MoR