Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router disconnections

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Router disconnections

Hi there,
It'd be worth testing an alternative router if you have one available, but I suspect that given your line speed that interleaving was actually preventing drops in connection and now it's been turned off those are starting to show. If the other router works then all good, but if not then give us a shout and we'll put interleaving back on to see if that helps.
Alex2x
Grafter

I have changed the router to back to the BThomehub 2. I was using Netgear DG834N, but since changing over the connection hasn't dropped.  I have posted the Homehub Stats and according to them it says interleaving is still on. Also I have ordered a new faceplate for the socket to see if that improves things.
Can you confirm for me if I have interleaving on/off.
Also forgot to mention I turned off Plusnet's firewall and windows 8 firewall, I wonder if that was causing problems. Still quite new to Windows 8 crazy way off things and totally forgot about it. And I didn't realize that plusnet had a firewall.
Alex2x
Grafter

That's the new faceplate on the socket , any update on if i'm still interleaved or not.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Interleaving is currently turned off.
Alex2x
Grafter

sorry but if my interleaving is off why does my modem stats say that its on.
I don't have any downstream FEC errors anymore and up stream errors are not moving , so does that indicate that it is off.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's definitely turned off, there's no FEC errors being correct that are currently needing to be corrected.
What are your current router stats?
Alex2x
Grafter

Here's the stats m8 thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked over your line and these errors aren't matching up with what your routers reporting and also interleaving is OFF.
I wouldn't worry as it doesn't appear to be affecting your connection and at the minute and the checks I've done confirm that.
Alex2x
Grafter

That's .good thanks for all your help. The router is holding the connection so I'm happy.
Thanks again.