cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router delivery for FTTC

reecicles
Grafter

Router delivery for FTTC

I have an engineer visit for my fibre tommorow - i'm just wondering if he will bring a router.
I ordered one with plusnet but it hasn't arrived yet.
thanks
Reece
13 REPLIES 13
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Router delivery for FTTC

He'll bring the Openreach modem but not the router.
You can connect a PC ethernet wired to the modem with the configuration detailed here http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi reecicles,
I've just had a look into your account and created ticket 81458874 on there for you. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will continue to monitor the ticket I created and inform you once we're able to proceed.
reecicles
Grafter

This is a joke.
For anyone interested the ticket states that my order (for FTTC) has been cancelled. ON THE DAY OF INSTALLATION. I wonder if i didn't make this thread would i have even been informed???
I've already taken the day from work. this is the second time this has happened! (happened on installation of BB too).
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm really sorry this has happened, we could and should have done better in letting you know quicker.
The problem is with capacity at the cabinet which provides Fibre. Unfortunately we're looking towards the beginning of March before the capacity issue is likely to be resolved by our suppliers.
reecicles
Grafter

Can you answer my ticket 81458874 ?
Yes i understand the problem is the capacity. But i also know i can't order unless there is capacity. So at the time of ordering there was capacity - i made my order which should reserve my slot at the cabinet. This is obvious - if i order something from amazon that says "in stock" i don't get an email on the day of delivery saying that they didn't deliver because it's out of stock. I ordered my "product" when it was in "stock" and it was given away to someone else. The biggest part is at least amazon is professional enough to tell you on the day of order that  it's out of stock. You tell me on the day i'm supposed to go live.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've responded to your ticket.
If any further correspondence is required, it will be picked up by our Provisioning Team in due course.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Yes i understand the problem is the capacity. But i also know i can't order unless there is capacity. So at the time of ordering there was capacity - i made my order which should reserve my slot at the cabinet

I'm afraid that when dealing with BTOR that's not strictly true. They don't seem to have the capacity to monitor the uptake of fibre on their cabs & therefore Plusnet will continue to show availability even when there is none. BTOR only take action when their engineers start reporting back that the cab is full. This happened recently to my next door neighbour so I do know that this is the case. He was one of TEN customers from various isps, including BT, who had orders accepted for a full cab. Yet again it's worth another complaint to Ofcom on the off chance that they will eventually start to fine BTOR for their serial incompetence.
reecicles
Grafter

I understand the capacity being full is not plusnet's fault. I'm annoyed at this yes, but my anger for this is directed at OR.
The problem is
we could and should have done better in letting you know quicker.
. They could have yet they didn't. they waste my time AGAIN. This is why i'm angry at PN.

digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Justifiably imo. They clearly knew as they stopped shipment of the router.
reecicles
Grafter

That's the other thing. They stopped the shipment of the router - yet i paid for that to be shipped. I have had no refund for that cancellation.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We haven't stopped the shipment of the router. Once we've been able to place the new order and the installation date is confirmed then the router will arrive a couple days prior to this date.
Really sorry this has happened. We will continue to monitor your account for the capacity to be restored and place your order as soon as this has been confirmed.
reecicles
Grafter

Then if the order is getting placed by you as soon as it is available i must be eligible for the 9 month deal at 12.50 p/m?
Also seeking compensation for the day that you have wasted. Yes the cabinet is not your problem but you had the time to tell me in advance that the order had been cancelled.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have created ticket 81485779 on your account. Please comment on this if you have any further queries.