cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router dead - technicolor TG582n

fgramsha

Router dead - technicolor TG582n

My router has gone tits-up.
I have Green lights for Power/Ethernet and Broadband but no light for internet and a red light on wifi.
The WIFI network doesn't show up and I can't access http://192.168.1.254 via eithernet cable either.
Does anybody have any advice please? The wait time for phone support is 1.5 hours which is kind of appalling.
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Router dead - technicolor TG582n

You could try a factory reset via the recessed button on the back of the router (most makes / models have this function) however you will have to reconfigure the router from scratch if you do that - any firewall rules / port forwarding etc. will need to be re-entered, as well as your connection username / password. If that fails, and your router is under warranty, then you should get a replacement.
If PN supplied it, the DCT will be back on the case later this morning and should be able to organise a replacement for you.
ETA - actually, a red wireless light appears to mean you have your wireless security turned off, so that may be a red herring, however if you can't access the router via ethernet either, then the factory reset is probably still your only option.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-setup-guide.shtml#troubleshooting
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good morning fgramsha,
Did a Factory Reset resolve the issue for you?
fgramsha

Jaggies - thank you! The factory reset did the job  Smiley
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Nice one!
  Cool