cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connected but to broadband, worked for a year previously.

enyciaa

Router connected but to broadband, worked for a year previously.

Hi, posting this here as I can't get through to customer support. Broadbands been working fine for some time now (more than a year) but just stopped working today. I've tried resetting everything, checking connection, etc. But no luck.

Whenever I try connecting with my user name/password in the router admin page I get the PPP connecting wheel and then get thrown back to the previous page with 'you are not connected to the internet'.

Also tried setup@plusdsl.net, bt_test_user@plusdsl.net, and hard rest of the router. Can't check for a dial tone as we have no phone.

Anything else I could try?
2 REPLIES 2
enyciaa

Re: Router connected but to broadband, worked for a year previously.

Turns out trying again a couple of hours later did the trick!

mcjieh

Re: Router connected but to broadband, worked for a year previously.

Sounds very similar to the problem I have just had.  Yesterday (29/4/20), mid morning my internet connection stopped working.  I had made no recent changes to the connection.   I have just spent an hour on the phone to the helpdesk (after a 20 minute wait for an answer) which managed to resolve the problem, for which I am very grateful.  I am not clear what the issue was but the only thing of any subsistence we did was change my password.  This was necessary because the one that I have been using since January did not match the one the support team had.    A very similar thing happened to me in January when I obviously had a less clued up person on the helpline.  It took me three days to resolve the problem then, and again it involved a difference between the password I had been using for the past 9 years and the one the support desk had.  It was this January password that had apparently changed again.  

Part of the problem seems to be that I am using an old Netgear router which the support staff have difficulty with.  I would like to switch to a new Plustnet supplied router but can find no way of ordering one.  Anybody have any ideas?