cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router claims to be connected but we cannot connect to the internet.

FIXED
petrasaleh

Router claims to be connected but we cannot connect to the internet.

I joined plusnet at the beggining of the month. I recieved an email on the 15th saying we were set up and ready for the router to be plugged in. However, after waiting a further two weeks for the router to arrive- we have plugged in, followed the set up instructions but remain unable to connect. 

Devices are able to join the network, but immediately after a plusnet popup will appear. The bar at the top of the page says 'Log In'. I've been through all the settings, everything says the router is working and that it should be connected to the internet, but the browser is still unable to connect. The power light is blue and there are no other signs of faults. 

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Router claims to be connected but we cannot connect to the internet.

Assume it's a PN HUB ONE Router they supplied, so it should come preconfigured with log in + p/word details.

Ensure the user name is identical format to that on e mail from PN.

This link may help:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Note difference in ADSL + Fibre set up.

NO JOY?

Then you'll need to contact PN via phone or CHAT tomorrow.

They can check if there's an authentication issue when you connect to PN's servers.

petrasaleh

No Joy! I clicked onto 'sign into account' from the settings but this message then pops up.

.Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 20.17.35.png

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Fix

Can you go to the Advanced Tab, and say what username is showing? Is it the one you are expecting, or something like Setup.pndsl ?

flat70c

I have the same issue.

The first time I did this, I couldn't login to the broadband. So I clicked reset in the login page. Broadband connected, and the username shows setup@plusdsl.net. I cannot connect to the internet.

I did a factory reset, and I am back at the login page. However, my correct username and password do not work. It just bounces back to the login page.