Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router becomes inaccessible

AltF4
Dabbler

Router becomes inaccessible

Hi
Just joined PN.-  sorry if this has been covered elsewhere I had a look but nothing [guess everyone says that though !] - but if it has please can someone link it ?
Home network as it was for years - only the router has been changed, initially all seemed OK, but ....
Since using PN Technicolour router I am experiencing intermittent problems were no device can connect to the network and those already connected  stop working
- this is both ethernet and wifi [pcs and phones]
An ethernet connected pc cannot ping or connect to the router - so I cant see what is happening
Router  has been replaced - same problem
All lights show green
Laptop - wifi - shows waiting for IP address ..seemingly looping
Only solution is to recycle the router - then all is well
Seems unplugging or plugging a  powerline adapter may cause the issue , but also when the powerline attached device has been working for some time, so not 100% sure of the cause. As each failure requires a recycle I am also concerned about the line getting improperly assessed  and the speed decreasing, but will deal with that when issue is resolved 
I am going to try an old router - just to ensure the powerline kit is still good , but in the mean time thought Iwould throw out the question, other wise I probably have a new white paperweight
Any ideas ? Or at least how I can get attached to get some diagnostics
Thanks 
1 REPLY 1
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Router becomes inaccessible