cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router and PC and internet connectiobn not talking to each other, the b*stards.

jeanners49
Grafter

Router and PC and internet connectiobn not talking to each other, the b*stards.

Help needed desperately!  My Thomson 585 won't connect to my PC and to phone Plusnet for help is taking 30 mins.  I'm at my wits end.  Have tried everything.
HELP!!!!! Embarrassed
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Router and PC and internet connectiobn not talking to each other, the b*stards.

do you actually mean that your computer won't connect to the router or it won't access the internet
a few clarifications
are you trying to connect wired or wireless
which operating system is on the computer
does the computer show a problem with the network connection
jeanners49
Grafter

Re: Router and PC and internet connectiobn not talking to each other, the b*stards.

Oldjim - thanks for your reply:-
do you actually mean that your computer won't connect to the router or it won't access the internet

It won't access the internet.
a few clarifications
are you trying to connect wired or wireless
Wired.  But wireless doesn't work either.
which operating system is on the computer
WIndows 10.
does the computer show a problem with the network connection
Yes.  It's something to do with the router and/or password, possibly.  It's very odd, all lights on router now green (although internet light is flashing constantly) PC says I'm connected, but when I try to get to my home page, it just comes up with a Plusnet page asking me to enter my password - that seems to be on a loop.
How I can post a question here and not have internet access is completely beyond me!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That sounds a bit as though your account has been blocked due to non payment (almost certainly by accident)
Unless staff on here pick it up you could try chat (if that works) otherwise just wait on the phone
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks for the message Jim Smiley
Hi Jeanners49,
I've taken a quick look at your account, nothing is blocked etc however your router does seem to be using an incorrect account password, to login to the screen that's coming up the username is admin and the password is the serial number of your router.
The DSL login password needs updating to your current account password, I'd suggest giving our tech support team a quick call if there are any issues doing this Smiley
jeanners49
Grafter

And suddenly all is back to normal.  I've changed nothing!  Just went out and had scampi and chips. 
Feeling more positive; thanks for the advice!