Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Shortage?

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Router Shortage?

A friend and fellow Plusnet client ordered a replacement router from you on 2nd November, paid the P&P but it still has not been dispatched.  Is there a shortage?
5 REPLIES 5
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Router Shortage?

I ordered a tester yesterday and it arrived today by Royalmail 1st class letter post, so maybe the location it is delivered from.  If it was from Sheffield to Inverness that is good going.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Gus, telling me you managed to jump the queue is not much consolation!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RR,
Happy to chase it for you if you could PM me their username or some means of finding their account?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Router now showing as dispatched so thank you for that, Matt.  I cannot say the fact that this took 12 days from placing the order is consistent with award-winning technical support (although the fact that I could contact Matt who was then able to intervene and get the job done is absolutely brilliant).  Maybe Plusnet needs some sort of 'red-flag' system that would automatically produce an alert when something is not happening to schedule? 
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

The router arrived by lunchtime today.  The silly thing is that my friend now thinks I am a hero for having "pulled strings" to get things moving but sees Plusnet tech. support as incompetent.  Whereas the truth of the matter is that one of the highly competent Plusnet staff who man this board was able to succeed where his telephone support colleagues had failed.  I did try to explain this.  Thanks again, Matt.