Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Recommendations

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Router Recommendations

Hi,
I'm looking for some recommendations for a router. My current router is a Zyxel one that was given out during the fibre testing and has been great however it's started playing up a little with it dropping the internet connection (well the dsl light on the modem is showing a steady dsl light on each occassion) and I've been having trouble getting it to consistenly register my Broadband Phone service on my mobile through the wifi. Sometimes it does and then other times it refuses. It also refuses to work with Sky's new "on demand" service. I've seen other reports that router just will not work with it.
So really what I need is:
* Connect to a BT supplied fibre modem and provide a reliable connection with good speed.
* At least 4 LAN ports (2 computers, sky "on demand" & wired SIP Phone (yet to be bought))
* Can handle 5 concurrent wireless conections (mainly mobiles, tablets and laptop)
* Can provide 1gigabit connection speed on LAN
* Will work with sky "on demand" (wired connection to router from sky hd box)
* Will work with a SIP Phone using Plusnet's Broadband Phone
* Can handle in excess of 10 port forwarding requests on 4 different IP addresses (2 physical pcs and 2 virtual with bridged network connections)
Any recommendations?
Thanks