cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Problem?

JAK

Router Problem?

I'm new to Plusnet so probably doing this all wrong. Until today all has been working OK and still seems to be working OK, but now I see my router's WPS LED is perpetually flashing. I realise the book tells me that 'WPS is searching for a WPS device'. Why? I've had the router for a week, it's only now decided to search for a WPS device. It seemed to work OK after initial config, both my Desktop and laptop connect OK, my 'smart' TV tells me it's connected so why is it looking for more, even when computers and TV are switched off. This flashing started this morning, possibly at the same time as a monumental upgrade was downloaded and installed on my Windows 10 desktop PC. Does anyone else experience this?
3 REPLIES 3
MelRocks
Grafter

Re: Router Problem?

Hi there,
From your post it sounds like you are not actually connecting anything by WPS just via wireless key or cable, so it will probably just be searching as standard, but you can ensure this is switched off by pressing and holding the WPS button in the router in for up to 5 seconds, within 30 seconds this should switch off permanently. Or if you are worried about this you can do this more specifically by going into the advanced settings in the router via the guide here:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/plusnet-2704n-wireless.shtml
Thank you. Smiley
JAK

Thanks for that. I stopped it by switching the router off and on again since when it hasn't happened again. At least it did not impact on the running, unlike other problems resulting from the November upgrade. My Default printer setting was changed so of course I was unable to print until I had a look at Devices and Printers and my 'Epson Scan' programme completely uninstalled.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry you had issues connecting the printer afterwards, but glad to hear that now the issues are resolved. Let us know if we can help with anything else. Smiley