cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Log

peterbarker
Grafter

Router Log

I can view my router log via http://192.168.1.254/start.htm, then selecting Logs.  However, the earliest entry is less than 24 hours ago.  Is it possible to view earlier entries.
My router is Netgear N150 WNR 1000v3 on fibre broadband.  My PC is W7
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Router Log

Hi Grecian,
Apologies for the delay in response. You are obviously aware of how to view your logs, if this is not showing you more than the past 24 hours, I would suggest looking at the email tab on the left, this will give you an option of sending the logs to your email address, you can specify when and how often you want to receive them..
Hope this helps.
Chris
mxs
Grafter

The Netgear WNR1000v3 only seems to keep the last 256 lines of log for display or email - as Chris points out the only way around this is to email yourself the log - in the 'send logs according to this schedule' option you probably want to select 'when log is full' otherwise it will still drop log entries for whatever period you select if the number of lines passes 256.  if you are sure you will have less entries and prefer a fixed time schedule for the emails then by all means use another option though!  Whenever an email is sent the existing log entries are cleared.
Its a bit annoying and not ideal but it allows you to keep track of things at least.
peterbarker
Grafter

Thanks for this advice.
I can now see what I need to do to keep a systematic and complete log record!