cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Freezing

Edzashed
Grafter

Router Freezing

Anybody have any idea as to why my router keeps disconnecting wi-fi and dropping off the internet 1 or 2 times a day, playing games has become a bit of a nightmare too, My router is a Technicolor TG582n i am really having a bad time with all these ongoing problems..
7 REPLIES 7
shure
Grafter

Re: Router Freezing

don't know if you're on ADSL or Fibre but my own experience with the Technicolor TG582n on the former was similar to yours.  I couldn't keep a connection more than a few hours and gaming was all but impossible.  This cleared up immediately when I reverted back to my old Netgear router.  If you do a search on this forum you will see that not many people have too many complimentary things to say about the Technicolor, unfortunately, and quite a few elect to use a different one.  Do you have another router you could use?
edit: what gateway are you on?  I found that different gateways offered vastly different online experiences too
picbits
Rising Star

The only times I ever had problems with the router freezing is if I was downloading torrents and had lots of connections on the go at any one time. This was a long time ago though and I haven't really used torrents other than downloading Linux images for a while.
Edzashed
Grafter

Thanks for the reply yep i am gaming it is horrendous between 9pm and about 10.15pm this has been going on for days i am sick to the back teeth of it all why the hell something cannot go right i don't know all is forgiven MR Murdoch with your wonderful Sky BB this is dreadful... Router and fibre all is Broken... Sad
picbits
Rising Star

My PN FTTC has been rock solid - had possibly one minor drop in the last month.
As above, not sure if you're on ADSL or FTTC but it might worth grabbing another router to see if you can rule the 582n out of the equation.
I picked up a TP-Link wireless N router for <£20 delivered and it's been fantastic
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Edzashed
I've only just seen this thread and suggest that this problem is most likely directly related to the problems you are seeing with your Fibre connection and it would have been helpful if this had been posted in that thread. Please see my post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110982.msg959100.html#msg959100 in that thread.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI for anyone else reading this is now being discussed here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110982.msg959100.html#msg959100
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note
Thread locked in favour of the one linked to by Adam.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine