cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router/Event Logs??

me123

Router/Event Logs??

Hey so I logged into my router this morning (9am) and was looking through my event log, but its only showing logs from last nigh around 11pm.
I believe that my internet was being kicked offline by someone that got hold of my IP and wanted to see if there was a dos attack on there at all, but it happened around 9pm and the log as far as i can see only shows from 11pm. I was wondering is there anyway to see further back than what i can see initially on the main page. Or is there always only a set history of logs that can be seen?Huh
i was really hoping to find out if they hit my internet or not
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Router/Event Logs??

that is usually a symptom of a soft kernel reboot
does the log show that the times are incorrect until it resyncs with the time server
me123

Im not sure that the times are incorrect at all. This is the first time i have logged into my router to see the logs. My problem is that i want to view activity from 8pm last but as far back as it seems to show is 11pm last night.... should i be able to see logs from all day yesterday? it seems reasonable that i should?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Now I understand
Yes the log visible via the web interface is heavily truncated
For example mine starts at 01.16 this morning due to a large number of blocked attempts to get in being reported
I believe that you can view a larger number via telnet http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#stats
I think that the command "syslog msgbuf show" as given in the link