cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router / Engineer (New customer)

Cutterschoice
Grafter

Router / Engineer (New customer)

I thought I would just check, I have the engineer I think booked for Wednesday however it says on my account:
"We'll arrange for your fibre broadband service to be installed. This will happen on 10/04/2013 AM
If your preferred appointment date isn't available, we'll call you within a week to make alternative arrangements."
Does that mean s/he is coming on that day, it hasn’t changed since I ordered a couple of weeks ago, also I’m a little worried about the router, it’s the weekend now, leaving it a little late to post the router unless it’s recorded.
Thanks for any help; I don’t want anything to go wrong as I took time of work to make sure I’m here on the 10th.
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Router / Engineer (New customer)

If you look at closed tickets and service notices in your Member Centre Help pages https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search you should find information about the appointment and process status for your router. (You need to select an appropriate date range and click the Go button to see closed tickets.)
The router will be sent by first class post and delivered by the postman. The box should fit through a standard sized letter box and doesn't have to be signed for. If dispatch is recorded in the evening it might be delivered the next day though the day after is more usual.
David
Cutterschoice
Grafter

Nice thanks spraxyt, i didn't notice that, saw this:
0:20am, Friday 5 Apr 2013
Hardware Queued for ordering
So must be all good and also says everything should be complete by the 11th, so guessing the 10th is all good, can't wait, its been a tough waiting game the last 3 weeks, can't wait to get up and running.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, looks good. The router should be delivered Monday or Tuesday. It's not unknown for emails to be received advising of dispatch shortly after the postman delivers it. Grin
Whilst the 11th has been notified as completion date, for fibre installations broadband should be working by the time the engineer leaves (on the 10th). The extra 24 hours is associated with ADSL provision rather than fibre.
David
Cutterschoice
Grafter

Just wanted to come back and say funnily enough, the router turned up this morning just after a text from PlusNet, very happy, love the text feature rather than just an email.
Roll on Wednesday.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Without wishing to diminish your excitement, if you're going to be using your router's wireless feature be prepared to be disappointed. It's a rubbish router if your computer is any distance from the router. On the plus side it's extremely easy to get up & running. Good luck.
Cutterschoice
Grafter

No worries, i've actually used a similar router from o2, and never had an issue, that being said i always use wired for my desktop.
D4v3
Dabbler

Hi Cutterschoice,
Just to confirm your appointment is booked for Wednesday between 8am and 1pm 🙂
Cutterschoice
Grafter

Thank you for checking D4v3, was a good excuse to take half a week off from work Smiley