Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Always Needs Restart to Reconnect

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Router Always Needs Restart to Reconnect

I am using a TG585v7 which in itself seems reliable. On a few occasions recently we have got a message unable to connect to the server sometimes with the green light still on. Sometimes it turns red!

The router does not howewer reconnect itself when the connection sorts itself out so it is a matter of turning it on and off at regular intervals until it all works again.

Not a frquent problem but irritating when it happens. Is there a reason for this?

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Router Always Needs Restart to Reconnect

Hi, that could be a sign of a problem with the router as that modem should reconnect automatically if the connection drops.

You might want to consider upgrading as it's quite an old model in comparative terms but a factory reset would be worth a try before doing so:

Use a paper clip, pen, or something pointed to press in the reset pinhole button on the back of the router.

Keep the button pressed for at least 7 seconds. When the power light goes red, let go of the button and wait until the power light turns green again.

Keep in mind that if you do this, it’ll completely restore your router to the settings it had when it arrived. So if you’ve made specific changes to your settings, they’ll need to be made again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for advice. I might well try a restore assuming it keeps the same wifi access code.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, it's the same if you've kept it as the default, it's listed on the sticker on the underside of the router in case you need it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team