cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous service. Only just signed up want to cancel in cooling off period and go back to BT - you

Impossible

Ridiculous service. Only just signed up want to cancel in cooling off period and go back to BT - you

Ridiculous service. Only just signed up and want to cancel within 14 day cooling off period and it's taking that long for the "award winning" customer service to answer the phone. Cancelled my direct debit maybe that will get their attention.
3 REPLIES 3
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Ridiculous service. Only just signed up want to cancel in cooling off period and go back to BT -

As a customer, like you, I also find the long waits to contact Customer Services unacceptable however I would not recommend cancelling your Direct Debit in this way. Under the Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when you signed up there are only two ways to cancel the service:

"19.2.1. phoning our customer service team; or

19.2.2. writing to Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU."

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

Cancelling the means of payment does not cancel your contract and could cause you more trouble in the long run.  

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Ridiculous service. Only just signed up want to cancel in cooling off period and go back to BT -

@Impossible If you have problems and want the community or the Plusnet help team to try and resolve them for you, a little more detail would help.

@acr also makes a good point as regards cancelling the Direct Debit.

John
Impossible

I can cancel and reinstate DD with my bank within minutes  - and it got the desired effect, they contacted me immediately!  They have my email address wrong, I can't get through to them to get it rectified and therefore, it's a vicious circle of no contact.  They need to get their act together - communication is the key.