cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert to capped upstream

HughA
Grafter

Revert to capped upstream

Uncapping my upstream hasn't really worked for my line, upstream is slower than before as is downstream.  Line is stable though, no resyncs except when I unplugged the router to get rid of a mains extension block.  Can a PlusNet agent arrange for my upstream to be capped again please?  I guess my speeds are as good as they are going to get given the length of line.
Thanks
HughA
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Revert to capped upstream

It's a shame it didn't help, sometimes that's the case though. I've placed a modify order to cap your upstream and it'll complete tomorrow.
HughA
Grafter

Hi Chris
Had a resync at 15:20 this afternoon, I guess as a result of your modify order.  Unfortunately the upstream is now only 128Kbps whereas downstream is now 3072Kbps.  This must indicate a line issue surely?  Just realised this return of poor upstream sync has once again arrived with the cold weather - there is a definite correlation.
HughA
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The modify order hasn't completed and won't until tomorrow, I'd suggest disconnecting your connection and via your routers interface and then after a few minutes reboot your router and connect back up.
See if there is any difference and keep me updated.

HughA
Grafter

Rebooted router and now have 416Kbps upstream, 2912Kbps downstream.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That now seems to have taken effect, it looks like your downstream has increased since too.
HughA
Grafter

Upstream now restored to 448Kbps and downstream 3392Kbps.  If it stays like this I shall be very happy, I can live with the capped upstream and downstream is better than I've had for a long time!
Thanks for your help.
HughA