DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 6,656

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Phone exchange:
   DERRY
Estimated line speed:
   4 - Checked on 2010-06-21 02:04:46
Current line speed:
I would like to return to normal speeds..
Bandwidth down on my router should be reading 20,000,
My old IP profile was on 1800k
I keep getting the same old story from the support team, who told me because of my router was going off and on BT believe,
I must have a line fault, so they reduced my speed. I had this happen before but only to my IP Profile never my overall bandwidth coming
into my router. The support guy said last Sunday my router went off 10 times within one hour, and also pointed out i should always keep my router on
every night and never switch it off, as BT also take turning routers off as faults. I explained i had a faulty dsl cable to him, and like before he said leave router plug in for up to 3 days, then things should return to normal. since last Sunday my router was plugged in and now one week later after Restrictions i am still on a very low speed.
The Restrictions i believe was the reason my Bandwidth is so low not faults, So how long do i have to wait until i get my settings returned to normal.
I noticed over on the talk talk forums people with stranger problems, get help faster on the forums most within hours.
I don't mean reply's i mean action.
Speedtest link..     http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6315/52181026.jpg  Taken around 11:30 am today..
Speedtest link 2..   http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9494/93754862.jpg     Taken a few hours later..
Speedtest link 3..  http://i53.tinypic.com/afiuz8.jpg ;   5:00PM..

Funny how things change when testing.
19 REPLIES 19
Paulalex
Grafter

Re: Restrictions

Strange how my second speed test matches plus nets result now.. So Who is capping me BT or Plusnet..   Lips_are_sealed Cheesy Lips_are_sealed
With every link my ip profile has changed, with link 3 changing my upload ip profile..

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Your downstream IP profile is 5500kbps at both our side and BT's. It sounds to me like you've been put on a 'banded profile'. If you haven't done so already then I'd suggest raising a ticket here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Paulalex
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Your downstream IP profile is 5500kbps at both our side and BT's. It sounds to me like you've been put on a 'banded profile'. If you haven't done so already then I'd suggest raising a ticket here.

Yes i understand banded.. i just don't understand the three readings..  The first link with a 1300 IP Profile. Then my 2 link with the download profile of 5500 upload ip profile 1138k, and the third link with the upload ip profile of 443.
i was hoping someone on the forum who knows abit about this stuff could jump in and explain..
From the first reading today to now, BT and plus net seem to have only officially banded me.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The BT speedtest is borked - read this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88870.0.html
Paulalex
Grafter

i will see how my line goes, and as i aint got a contract im sure i can fish around for a better deal soon,
plus net is the only isp i see having a problem with the speed test, which i used many times with my previous isp to find faults.
i still trust my first link was true when taken today.
itsme
Grafter

If you read the thread that Oldjim has supplied the link for you will find the the problem with BT speedtester is confined to 21CN WBC and it started on the 12th.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Paulalex
Grafter

Ok raised my ticket with my three speed test results,  Cheesy
now i will just twiddle my thumbs for a bit.  Shocked
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paulalex,
I've been doing some checks on your line and profile history and it seems that your problems started when interleaving was turned to fast path. The reduction in sync rate then led to the banding. My suggestion would be to put it back on and lift the banding and then I would think you would get your old speeds back.
Jojo Smiley
Paulalex
Grafter

i was thinking interleaving should of been taken into account before my line got banded,  Yes your right i will return to normal and turn interleaving back on..  Cry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paulalex,
I'll see if I can get that done for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paulalex,
I have had the banding removed, interleaving is on and your sync is now showing at 19749k so when the profile lifts, as long as there are no drops, we should see a profile of 17000. This should take place in the next 12 hours or so.
Jojo Smiley
Paulalex
Grafter

i would usually sync higher, but nice to see my SN margin returned to almost normal, 29 was way to high. just hope i don't loose to must speed if annex m is switch on.  Huh
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

can't be worse than 1148k sync! Smiley