cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to internet by time

GarethWales

Restricting access to internet by time

I can restrict access to devices via the Plusnet router between specific times - but is there a way to limit use by device by time - so "no more than x minutes in any one day" ? 

My Plusnet router seems to able to allow me to limit access for devices "between xx time and yy time" - but I want to give them the freedom to use - but limit the amount of time in any period - so when theyve used their xx minutes - thats it for the day.... 

Any thoughts on how I can do this? 
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Restricting access to internet by time

Hi Gareth, there isn't a setting for that in the Hub One, only the ability you've mentioned to do so between specific times. All I could suggest is for you to set that up at the times you want to allow access. Alternatively you might find a software based solution for this if you do some google searching. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GarethWales

Re: Restricting access to internet by time

As I supposed - trust me when I say this would be VERY useful for most parents. I dont really want the fuss of setting up separate times on separate days - what I want is a facility that allows freedom - but then has limits. 

Ok - not easy - I'll see what our friend Google suggests....

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.