cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted service as an act of goodwill

scarnell
Hooked

Restricted service as an act of goodwill

A two month wait for broadband after three missed dates and bills being doubled up as a result of new Plusnet accounting software. Hey, a goodwill gesture of no payment for the first month - however we won’t stop the emails coming through saying you’re missed a payment, despite a ‘ticket’ on our system confirming the goodwill and we will restrict your service after the first month because you have missed a payment.

However, don’t worry as we will keep you waiting on the phone for over 40 minutes and inconvenience you more as punishment for telling us about our shameful service!
11 REPLIES 11
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Restricted service as an act of goodwill

Hi @scarnell

I am really sorry that you had such issues when arranging your house move and the problems you have experienced trying to get through to discuss your invoice query since.

I can see that you have spoken with a colleague regarding this today and there is a ticket on your account here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

Rich5

I have also had a similar issue to this. Due to a failed direct debit in August I went on line to pay my outstanding bill of £52.41 and it was taken out of my account twice.  When I reported this I was told that I would be refunded within ten days, I am still awaiting this payment now 5 weeks later. Because I had not received my credit I thought this credit may go towards my September bill of £50.23 and have the remaining funds of £2.18 paid back to me.  But I have had numerous emails chasing payment and now my service has been restricted with an additional charge of £10 on the bill.  I have tried to contact on webchat and raised two tickets with no success.  I have been with Plusnet for over 10 years and this is the first time I have had issues like this.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Rich5 sorry to hear that you have had this experience and I appreciate the patience you have shown in waiting for this matter to be resolved as you were advised. I have updated you further via a ticket on your account here

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Kind regards,

Rich5

Hi thanks for getting back to me.  I have uploaded the info that has been requested and would appreciate if you could check this is being dealt with as had no response

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for this @Rich5

I've arranged for our billing team to refund you £52.41 which we'd likely need to send via cheque but we'll issue it as soon as we can. I've also applied a credit to your account to cover the late payments fees we've added on, because of this issue.

I hope this helps and sorry for the issues you've had and inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rich5

I have added information to my ticket, I would be grateful if someone could respond

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks @Rich5,

I've responded to the ticket and gone with your suggestion.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
scarnell
Hooked

Good news, you're due a refund

Hello Simon,

We've reviewed your account and found that you are owed a refund of £9.22. The reason for your refund is:

One off charge refund

We'll process this today and you should be in receipt of this cheque shortly. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

The Plusnet Team
www.plus.net
Rich5

This is getting beyond a joke now... I have still had two months worth of charges taken from my bank account today, the bill for this month and also the £52.41 that I was told was being credited to my account.  This has been going on since August and I still have a restricted service and cannot use my house phone.  I have been with PlusNet for well over ten years and this is the worse service I have experienced from yourselves.  Please could you issue me a refund immediately so I can seek a more efficient supplier for my phone and Broadband and give me details of your complaints department?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

PlusNet billing department must be totally overwhelmed with the new billing system fiasco. They seem to be getting nowhere with sorting errors, just making them worse. There is a "complaints code of practice" link at the bottom of each page of the forum. Bet they are getting a lot at the moment.Angry

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Rich5

I am really sorry to hear that these issues have happened with your recent invoices.

I have sent you a ticket on your account regarding this. If you would like to reply to this here or through the Community, which ever is easier for you.

I do apologise once again that we have not resolved this already for you and if you have further questions feel free to get in touch.