Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsiveness

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Responsiveness

Hi, I'm doing some research type stuff which involves hitting lots of websites to grab bits of info and submitting it elsewhere. I felt a little hindered by lack of responsiveness of my broadband so I added the Pro Add-on in the hope that might help improve things but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I just wondered what the Pro Add-on should do and whether maybe upgrading to fibre might improve things more?
4 REPLIES 4
dragon2611
Grafter

Re: Responsiveness

If you are uploading a lot of content back to the internet then having FTTC should make a noticeable difference.
The standard upload on ADSL2+ is ~ 1Mbit/s where as with FTTC (Depending on your line and package) it can be around 20Mbit/s.
If you have a very short line it might be possible to get Annex M enabled (not sure if plusnet support it) to boost the upload on adsl to around 2Mbit/s at the expense of some download speed.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi woodm,
dragon2611's reply is pretty much spot on, although we don't offer annexe M on residential accounts currently.
The pro add on isn't likely to help but increasing your upload will. You're getting a pretty decent rate for ADSL2+ so your only option is to upgrade to Fibre which will increase your upload by nearly 20X (going by the estimate).
If it's something your interested in then you're able to upgrade through the member centre.
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ok. Thanks both for the info.
I'll have a look at what deals are available for new fibre contracts when my current ADSL contract expires in a few months time.
LukeS
Grafter

You call our customer option team and they'll be able to give you the best offer on Fibre products now:-
0800 013 2632
0330 123 9197
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm