Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential v Business FTTC

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Residential v Business FTTC

Just want to know this:
What the real different between Residential and Business from Plusnet? I can't see anything much difference as it would get the same speed no matter if change from residential to business.
Am I correct below:
BT Wholesale set the acceptable range of speeds is 40 Mbps-77.43 Mbps on the residential FTTC
and set the acceptable range of speeds is 60 Mbps-77.43 Mbps on the business FTTC
but quickly to fix the fault within 24 hours rather than residential after 72 hours!
I think telephone support pick up instant on the business support rather than residential support.
Business are excluding VAT.
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Residential v Business FTTC

Speed wise - no difference (package dependent).
AndyH
Grafter

I think goldenfibre is referring to the Minimum ‘Best Efforts’ Planned Downstream during the busiest three hours of the day. I am pretty sure that dave clarified that business FTTC is the same as residential FTTC, being on standard rather than elevated.
I have a feeling that both residential/business get the same '40 hour response' time for faults.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Thanks AndyH. Interesting really. I thought the business have the highest priority!
AndyH
Grafter

I'm not sure if 'Enhanced Care' (24 hour fault repair time) is something that's available with Plusnet FTTC Business or if that's for the phone line side.
Those minimum best efforts aren't guaranteed - if your exchange/SVLAN has congestion, everyone will be affected. The only difference is the thresholds to report the problem.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
I believe we do still offer this as an additional extra on business accounts which helps with issue resolution.