cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential premium package better than Business Broadband Option 2?

hedgehog90

My first question is, has the residential premium package changed recently?
If not, then I have no idea how I ignored it while extensively researching the plusnet packages before signing up.
As you can guess I'm on business option 2. It's quite good, but we download an awful lot, and right now we're extremely close to going over the 50gb limit every month, and it's a pain making sure that we don't.
I was looking on the site yesterday, just having a little look at the packages to see if they'd changed, and I noticed that the residential premium package is better than our current OVER EXPENSIVE package.
We pay 29.90!!! per month! For broadband that is fairly reliable, but it is not worth 29.90.
(We live in a fairly rural area, and Sky were terrible, so we switched)
Not only this, but we werent informed of the VAT ontop of the deal I thought i was getting. This [Censored] me off alot. I remember those few days after to be miserable. It was like a week long ache.
Anyway, I've spent over an hour trying to find the catch, and I can't find one.
Is Residential premium better in every way compared to business option 2? Because it appears to be. In which case I'll be leaping from this package to the other next month
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Residential premium package better than Business Broadband Option 2?

It is normal for prices of products designed for business to be quoted ex-VAT (not just by Plusnet). Is your business not VAT registered?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

If you have a business line from BT then it's difficult to get a non-Business product on it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It also states that the prices are ex-VAT on the Business Broadband Page, I'm sure it did later on in the sign up pages last time I did it.
[quote=http://www.plus.net/business/broadband/]
Minimum contract length of 12 months applies. Prices displayed are exclusive of VAT.

The Premium packages where only launched a week or 2 ago, but as adiewoo says they are difficult to get on business lines.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hedgehog90

The business is GPStudios, it consists of just 3 people. We make online games and we run a games website. Right now it's very small.
The broadband is mainly used for non-business related activities, mainly torrent downloading.
Also, we work from home, so we are in a residential area.
I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a problem switching when given this information.
Also, what do you mean on business lines? Do you simply mean for business customers?
And in your opinion, which is better business option 2 or residential premium?
James
Grafter

hedgehog90

Well you say that, but if you actually compare the 2, the business package is worse overall.
Mark
Grafter

Whe you say its worse overall, in what way? The business packages are designed and optomised for business use and not many business need or even want torrents to be prioritised. We put the emphasis on "standard" business use with the approproate priorities applied to the protocols used by our business customers. So if you mean its worse for p2p and usnet then I fully accept that as it's that way by design.
James
Grafter

There's also the added bonus that you get access to our Business Support Team, with much faster call answer rates and ticket turnaround times.  They're also the most experienced and technical guys that we have in our call centre.