cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting connection ?

Roberto0151
Grafter

Resetting connection ?

From late December to March 27th I had an excellent and stable connection with the only disconnects being due to power cuts during the winter storms.
Bandwidth was abt 2500 kbps and d/l speeds around 2 Mb/sec - pretty good for my connection.
Then for no obvious reason end March /early April saw a few disconnects with bandwidth dropping to +/-1350 kb/sec and d/l speed abt. 1 Mb.
So, early AM on April 6th I switched off the router for about 30 minutes and saw that the band width reset itself to 2550 kbps - great.
Unfortunately the d/l speed is still around 1 kbps and I'm wondering whether someone could be so kind as to reset this for me, as has happened from time to time in the past.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Resetting connection ?

I assume that you are on 21CN and if so it only needs the Plusnet current line speed updating https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed but just to confirm can you check the BT IP profile from the BT speed test further diagnostics
Roberto0151
Grafter

Not to worry - it seems to have fixed itself now. I should have waited another day.
Sorry to have wasted your time.  Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No problem - I wish they were all so easy