cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting SNR

caoli

Resetting SNR

After 10 months of stable , happy broadband, at around 2mb d/l  with a stable SNR (  I live in a very rural location) my BB has dropped dropped off significantly. A quick check reveals a d/l SNR of 22.8 .
How does one go about getting the SNR reset.    I appreciate its a balancing act between stablity and speed, but I've had 10 months of both ( well relative to my location) I'm actaully in telecoms, the line tests fine, no noise, so not sure why its suddenly gone downhill rapidly
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Resetting SNR

I wouldn't do this at night (when the environment is generally more electronically noisy) but have you tried restarting the router to see if your target noise margin really has increased?
David
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: caoli
... not sure why its suddenly gone downhill rapidly

It's because the line suffered a large number of losses of sync in a short amount of time.  If you can get to the bottom of why that happened then perhaps you can prevent it happening again.  Any recent electrical work or thunderstorms?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi caoli,
Not sure what caused your SNR to shoot up, everything on your line has been very stable over the past few days so I've placed a SNR reset on your line improve things for you. This can take upto 4 hours for you to see the desired effect.