cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset my connection as stuck on low sync

davidfriedlande
Grafter

Reset my connection as stuck on low sync

Can someone please reset my connection as since saturday i seem to be stuck at half my usual connection speed. I noticed that my connection reset multiple times presumably due to some sort of work being done. My usual sync rate is the high 8's low 9's and that is accecpable just about considering the distance to my street cabinet. Usually both the kids can do youtube etc without problems but now it just buffers all the time and they are driving me mad. I have tried rebooting the router to get my usual speed back but it probably is making it worse. Please dont tell me that i cant go back to 8 or 9 as i was constantly synced at these speeds sometimes for months at a time.  Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Reset my connection as stuck on low sync

Hi there,

It wouldn't be wise for us to SNR reset the line at present as your connection is dropping.

Unless we focus on the disconnection issue forcing the SNR down and the speeds up is likely to make the disconnections worse.

Have a look at the times on the graph and if that was perhaps you deliberately rebooting the router let me know, otherwise I'd report a fault here ASAP: http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidfriedlande
Grafter

Yes that was me resetting. Like I said usually I am very stable and some kind do of work on Saturday started lowering my connection. At the moment I can't even stream properly. I would like a reset please
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, I'd avoid rebooting in the event of such issues as eventually this will cause speeds to drop even further.

I've reset the line so you should see some improvement over the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidfriedlande
Grafter

Thanks Adam,

This made a little difference, but it is still not performing as it should, i have lost most of my speed and the reset didnt bring it back, i have tried the link as you posted but i didnt seem to get to diagnose my exact problem. What to do now?

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Do you know which BT cabinet you are attached to ? Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago when Openretch were installing a fibre cab. alongside the existing PCP which serviced my line. The previous speed came back a few days after the works were completed

davidfriedlande
Grafter

Yes I do know but I don't think this is what the problem is as the fibre cabinet has been there for years