Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset line please

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Reset line please

I asked on another thread about 2 weeks ago for a reset to a normal 6dB SNR profile. Following tests on my line a few weeks ago to establish the causes of long term problems my line seems to have been 'banded' or whatever at 9-10dB.

Following my tests and clearing a fault and a further engineering visit all the faults on the line have now been cleared and it has been working reliably for several weeks.

May I please be restored to a 6dB profile? 

17 REPLIES 17
geek26
Aspiring Pro

Re: Reset line please

One of the plusnet staff will pick this up soon please note however after a SNR reset the exchange equipment could decide to change the SNR value again if it feels the line needs it.

James

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Well, not been "picked up" yet!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry to hear that your thread hasn't been picked up yet.

If you private message me with your account username I will be happy to see what I can do for you tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your PM

I can see that your SNR target is set at 6db, but the circuit is currently not in sync. I would recommend raising this as a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Summary
MGALS Value: 3.81 Mbps | BTW Estimate: 5 Mbps

High number of drops, possible DCN issue

Line appears to be banded

Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated

No BT Wholesale speedtest has been performed on this connection

"Line appears to be banded" - Well yes, that's the problem. This originally came about due to the large number of drops caused by my testing the line to find one of the line faults, before the engineer was called in and found the other fault on the incoming line. The question is, is there any easy way of resetting the DLM so I get back to my original speeds? Ironically my sync speed was higher before the faults were cleared (when working) even though the line was in a terrible state then.

Subsequently a line drop some time around 5am yesterday morning has resulted on reconnection of the DSL Up link at 6dB from 15 dB and Up link speed increasing from 888kbps to 1196kbps. The down speed remains unchanged at 14335kbps.

The TalkTalk DSL-2680 and the Plusnet TG582n routers seem to disagree about Download SNRM. Respectively 6.1dB and 9.8 dB, but report Down speed the same within 3kbps.

My line seems to have been in intensive care for so long now I can no longer remember when it was just working OK. I think it was some time in 2014.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Once again.Please may I have my line/DLM reset.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Profile Info: WBC 7M - 14M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 14.3 28.0
SNR Margin: 7.0 10.1
Errored Seconds: 0 1
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 779948 5087205
Speed: 1188 14335

image14810227805540

Your connection has stabilized. I've reset your line to 6db and removed the banding. Should be sorted within 24 hours.

Apologies for the delay.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have got exactly the same problem but can't get C/S to sort it out. Pity I have just agreed to another 12 months otherwise I would be off.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@glloyd Testing your broadband you are on a 6db profile as per:

Profile Info: WBC 7M - 14M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, UC Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

The line is banded though, probably caused by the drop outs:

image14810253565872

If you've tried the checks advised in your fault ticket the next step would be to arrange an engineer appointment.

glloyd
Rising Star

They were not disconnects they were caused by me because of a problem with DNS servers. I was trying different routers. Once I change DNS servers it was OK.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Have you tried going through all the internal checks?

As advised your SNR target is 6db so if you aren't syncing at that it could be a internal issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Many times. I was fully connected but could not access web sites. It turned out to be a problem with PlusNet DNS servers because as soon as I changed to another server the problem was solved. It seems banding seems to be the problem now.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Anoush.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

@glloyd wrote:

They were not disconnects they were caused by me because of a problem with DNS servers. I was trying different routers. Once I change DNS servers it was OK.

This is the ADSL  'Gotcha!' problem. Smiley

If you have a problem with ADSL and/or your phone line you need to carry out tests to find what is wrong (and to avoid that £85/£100 charge). But if you carry out enough tests to establish definitely what is wrong or where the fault is (to avoid the charge) then the DLM guarantees you will have a problem going forward.