cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset connection password for Fibre for Billion 7800n Install?

ncf355
Grafter

Reset connection password for Fibre for Billion 7800n Install?

Hi all,
is it possible to reset my connection password for my Fibre connection?
I'm trying to rig up my Billion 7800n and the only thing I can think of that's stopping it is I'm getting the password wrong (yep, Noooooob mistake!)
Getting orange lights on EWAN and Internet
20 REPLIES 20
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Reset connection password for Fibre for Billion 7800n Install?

I'm think you would need to visit this page https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=change_password&s=0
Perhaps someone from Plusnet can confirm I'm correct?
ncf355
Grafter

Nice one Shalom!
After updating that PW, it takes you through to a page stating you now need to update the password on all your hardware, so that was the correct link

MODS etc - will the BT fibre modem still connect without issue?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

will the BT fibre modem still connect without issue

Yes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shalom2010
Grafter

Yes - the modem does not require a password, so leave that alone otherwise DLM may kick in ! Glad I could help.
shalom2010
Grafter

Oh, MisterW was typing the same as me Smiley
ncf355
Grafter

Thanks both!
Hopefully when I get home today I can finally get the Billion running! (though due a call from wifey any moment asking why the web isnt working!)
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Just set up my fibre on a Billion Bipac 7800N. At first I just changed the EWAN and PPPoE settings and it didn't connect. I then retyped the user name and password (even though they were still showing as correct) restarted the router and it connected in straight away. Leave both the Billion and the BT modem switched on all the time was the BT engineer's advice.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Can somebody clarify please, does this change the password for:
DSL login?  - Already confirmed as 'Yes'
Member centre login?
Email?
Webmail?
Community pages (this forum etc.)?
Any other that I have missed?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
shalom2010
Grafter

@w23 - I believe it changes everything apart from the Community Pages, which has a different login (unless you made it the same as the Member Centre)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes to the list except the Community pages are a separate password.
However what strikes me as odd about the OP was that if he managed to log into the Member centre  to change the password, then he must have had it correct to start with!
w23
Pro

@ shalom2010 & Anotherone, thanks for clarifying - it didn't seem to mention what was affected on the change password page so it was important for anyone (including the OP) to know they may need to change their email login etc.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just to complete the picture - if you have set-up additional Mailboxes where. username+mailboxname is the login, these have separate passwords that are unaffected by the change of main password, see Manage My Mail > Mailboxes (login required)
There is this Username & Password Guide for anyone interested in guidance for the main username and password.
w23
Pro

Bookmarked, Thanks!
Call me 'w23'
craney

My fibre is going to be going live on Wednesday and like you I will be using my Billion 7800n router did you upgrade to the latest firmware? Im running 1.06D at the mo. Did you even use the supplied plusnet router or did you just go straight with the billion? Im guessing the billion router can be setup before the bt engineer even arrives to save a little time