cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset account password from when away from home.

janitor1999
Hooked

Reset account password from when away from home.

Hi, If I reset the account password do need to be connected to that router for the account password to automatically update. getting reports of slow connection, but am away from home. Do not want connection lost while I'm away so will wait till I return if its not possible.

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Reset account password from when away from home.

What do you believe the connection is between a slow connection and changing the account password? You're not getting confused with WiFi password are you?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

janitor1999
Hooked

I just want to check what speed plusnet say we are getting, I am going to have to reset the account password as I can't remember what it is, I just don't want to reset it away from home, if the family are going to lose connection altogether.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.
Changing your account password should update your password in the router settings automatically (assuming you’ve got a Plusnet one).

If it doesn’t and if the router loses connection to the internet, they should be able to bring it back by just factory resetting the router.

Worst case scenario they’ll have to login to the router settings at 192.168.1.254 and reconnect with your username and password.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
janitor1999
Hooked

Thank you both for your help, will wait till I get home, and report it as a speed fault.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just been testing your line and we're not finding any speed related issues.

Your router is holding strong at a speed of just over 11mbps. I've noticed that your connection hasn't dropped in 35 days so I'd recommend switching your router off for about 10 seconds then back on again.

Let us know if you're still experiencing issues following this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
janitor1999
Hooked

Sorry for the confusion it isn't this account we are having trouble with, the account in question is syncing at 1.3Mbs, estimated speed is 13Mbs.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Oh ok. Send me a PM with the username and I'll take a look. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the username.

It looks like your connection has been dropping quite a bit, which is likely causing the slow speeds.

Our tests aren't finding a definitive cause of the issue, so I'd run through the troubleshooting at http://faults.plus.net completing the process to report a fault to us. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
janitor1999
Hooked

The sync has gone up to 4.4Mbs this morning,is that likely to last, or will it drop again in the near future, or is it possible it will get better. Thank you for you help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. Let us know if further problems do develop.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Adding to my previous response, I realise I didn’t actually answer your questions. Sad

If your line keeps dropping then it’s likely your speeds will drop too. If you do have further issues I’d definitely look at reporting the fault using the link above.

Keep us posted.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet