cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset IP Profile

jbrumhead
Grafter

Reset IP Profile

Hello. You very kindly reset my IP profile last week. I reset my router and there still hasn't been any change really. I used to get 6.9mbps and now I'm getting 5.8. I recently restarted a 12 month contract (as my discounted period ran out) so I don't know if that affected anything. I've also carried out the BT Speedtest thing for you.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Reset IP Profile

what does the BT speedtest Further Diagnostics say and what are the router stats - this explains http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There's an exchange problem in the area at the moment which is preventing us from being able to make any changes 😕
I'll chase this up and see what's going on and I'll review this again for you once cleared.
jbrumhead
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I'll await your response.
Oldjim - Coincidentally, the results diagnosis said something about an error occuring but gave me the result of 5.8mb
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries. A new Line Card has been ordered for the exchange, it's being fitted today at around 12:30pm
As soon as that's all been cleared (not sure how long it'll take) I'll definitely look into this for you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks as though that's been done and cleared up now.
I've attached some line stats. Your bRAS Profile appears to be set correctly given your sync rate. Your line length matches up with the speeds that you're getting though.
Your Line Quality is showing as red with a low MTBE on the downstream, which shows that your line errors quite a lot. It might be worth swapping microfilters over?
jbrumhead
Grafter

Thanks Chris. What does a line card do in the exchange? If they were replacing it then I guess it was faulty?
Hmmm I can try another microfilter but I've never noticed any errors as such with my connection. If a microfilter doesn't fix it what are the next steps? Also, if I was getting 6.9mb a few weeks ago, is there no way I am going to be able to get that back?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can try and do a reset on your line but the likelihood is that it'll end back where we are 😕
The Line Card is what a number of customers are connected to. It was likely faulty - I don't have any further information on that unfortunately.
We'll try and get you the best possible speeds, if the microfilter change doesn't help, we can then see what the connection is like in your Test Socket for a day or so?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml#whatsTest