cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a change of product

coastergrotto
Grafter

Requesting a change of product

Having checked I find that I have been on BBYW Option 3 for over one year now and also had the free router for the same period.    My understanding was that after 1 year of remaining on the same product you did not have to pay for the router, or any part payment, if you left PlusNet or downgraded your package after that period..
As my Peaktime monthly usage is always below 15GB per month it would make sense if I now changed to BBYW Option 2.  Before doing this I would appreciate confirmation of a few points.
1.  I will not have to repay anything to PlusNet for the router, as I have been on BBYW for over a year.
2.  My referral discount of £1 will continue, thus reducing my monthly subscription to £13.99.
3.  There will be no difference in download or upload speeds.
4.  There are no 'one off ' charges for downgrading your product.
That being so could someone please inform me what I have to do to make the change, and will this change come into effect at my next billing period.    I assume I will just have to raise a ticket but I don't want someone then adding on a router charge or removing my referral discount.
3 REPLIES 3
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Requesting a change of product

1.  Correct
2.  Correct
3.  Correct
4.  Correct

All you need to do is log into the Portal and go to Upgrade my account  (even if it is a downgrade!)
What usually happens is that your account is "regraded" on your next billing date (it makes EVERYTHING a lot easier afaik).
B.
paulby
Grafter

To change product you need to go here and select Option 2 from the list in the drop-down box.
(If the link doesn't work it's Member Centre > Upgrade Your Account > Change Your Broadband Product)
You won't be charged for your router if your deferred contract is over (i.e. you've stayed more than a year since it started) and you won't lose any referral credits.
Your connection and download speeds will remain the same (apart from the slightly different shaping applied to BBYW2 - you can compare here).
There is no downgrade fee for moving to a cheaper BB product.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Many thanks you guys.    Have just completed the change and, as expected, it will take place on my next billing period which is 20th November.