cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting DLM reset during engineer visit for voice fault

mikehiow
Grafter

Requesting DLM reset during engineer visit for voice fault

The story goes that I my FTTC and phone died a couple of days ago - I raised it as a voice fault and I'm currently awaiting an engineer visit (Whenever that may be).  It appears one cable has become disconnected somewhere between here and the cab.
The BTOR modem managed to sync in the early hours, albeit at half my usual numbers (Down to 35/13 form 80/20) with my max attainable dropping from 98/34 to 38/15, as well as one heavy dose of interleaving.
This is kind of good news, because I have the internet back a bit earlier than expected, but slightly annoying in the sense that when the fault is resolved I'll likely be lumbered with lower speeds and interleaving for however many weeks/months DLM takes to right it's self.
Is it possible for anyone at Plusnet to request a DLM reset when the engineer has resolved the issue to avoid having to log another support request and wait at home for another engineer visit. Ticket #72584832
9 REPLIES 9
mikehiow
Grafter

Re: Requesting DLM reset during engineer visit for voice fault

Engineer has been and gone - he claims he didn't have the necessary GEA ID for my service to request a profile reset.
I've updated the fault ticket but things seem to get nudged along a little quicker when the forum guys get their teeth into it - so if one of you could work your magic to get my profile reset in motion, I'd be most appreciative Smiley
mikehiow
Grafter

Speeds have dropped further to 32/11
mikehiow
Grafter

I've neither had a response to this nor my ticket.
What happened to Plusnet support? 😕
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry Mike, we're running a man down here on the forums as Chris (the other one) has swanned off on holiday for a few weeks.
I'll ask one of the guys to pick this thread up, however I don't think we can reset DLM without a fault being resolved as it's the engineer who has to do it, I could be wrong and that may have changed though!.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mikehiow
Grafter

The fault on the line has now been resolved.
I'm sat at 32/11 with nearly 20dB SNRM, and pretty heavy interleaving, though.
I suspect another broadband fault needs raising with BTOR for a DLM reset.  Would I be better off raising a new ticket? Has my existing one been dumped at the bottom of a queue somewhere?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, looks like it's been passed to our faults team to look at the speed fault. If we could reset the line we would do, unfortunately though it's a fibre line so requires an engineer to come out and reset the SNR for you.
If it uplifts itself (it should do) then that'd save time, but if not we have it in hand Smiley
mikehiow
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Hi, looks like it's been passed to our faults team to look at the speed fault. If we could reset the line we would do, unfortunately though it's a fibre line so requires an engineer to come out and reset the SNR for you.
If it uplifts itself (it should do) then that'd save time, but if not we have it in hand Smiley

I understand it requires an engineer visit, however last time the request for an engineer was requested without access required to the EU property.
Whilst the engineer ended up calling me to drop off a new modem, no appointment was needed and he could have just turned up, requested the DLM reset and left without me needing to leave the office to meet him.
If it has to be in a booked timeslot then so be it.
The line speed recovered quite quickly last time - 4 days to return to 80/20 from 60/20, but from what I've been reading, DLM is no where near as keen to remove interleaving and right now, that's my biggest concern.
mikehiow
Grafter

DLM always adjusts it's self for me at 6am.
Yesterday speeds went down, no change today. Definitely think I need a DLM reset.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We've had to get the phone fault cleared first before we can look at your broadband issue but I'm glad to see that's now happened.
Our faults guys will be looking at this from a broadband faults point of view ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team