cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Line/Profile reset please

stewman

Request for Line/Profile reset please

Hi,
For the past 10 months or so I've been happily connected at around 4,000-4,500kbps but this last month I've been getting frequent disconnects and now my router will not connect higher than about 3,000; I'm currently connected at 2.376kbps Sad Something has obviously changed and I've tried router restarts etc but it still keeps connecting at much lower speeds than I've been previously getting.
Could you please reset my line/profile for me to see if this fixes the problem before I raise a fault ticket.
Thanks in advance.
Current Router Stats:
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Request for Line/Profile reset please

Hi astewman,
There is little point in performing a SNRM reset if there are issues on your line.  A reset will put you into a 10 day training period, during which little can be done with the line.
Can you please post your router stats so that we can see what is happening at present.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi stewman,
Thanks for the router stats. From looking at the line data, it seems as though something is causing your line to error. I assume that a lot of the disconnects were you trying to improve your connection speeds? I think tat may have caused the line to become banded which is why you're seeing lower than expected speeds.
Are you able to swap microfilters and connect to your Test Socket at all?
stewman

I've only done about 2 or 3 router reboots in the past week, and before that hardly any. I haven't done one for days so the latest drop out (yesterday morning) was on its own. It seems to be doing that quite a bit lately.
I'll switch microfilters now and try it in the test socket for you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, let me know once that's been done and I'll take another look at the line for you.
stewman

Thanks for your help Chris Smiley
I'm now connected via the test socket with a different micro-filter and its pretty much the same story:

I do have another router I can try if needed but I'm doubtful thats going to make any difference but let me know if you want me to try that and I can.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for doing that, the errors are still showing on your line. Can you raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get this looked at for you?
stewman

Ok I've raised a fault ticket as requested.
One strange thing though; I'm not sure if you changed anything on the line after you posted but my speeds have now gone up to around 3700kbps (still not back to normal but its close). I did also test it with my other router and got the same speeds on both.
Alternative Router:

Plusnet Router:

So if you did something then great Smiley If not... bizarre!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I did reset the lien after you'd made those changes so I could see how the line performed. I saw a large amount of errors which tells me there's an almost definite issue on your line.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Also note the marked difference in reported line attenuation between the two modems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.