Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for IP profile reset

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Request for IP profile reset

I recently had a wiring problem with my phone line, which has been resolved now. 

As a result of correcting this I see that my line is now reliably in sync at about 5 Mb/s higher then it was before downstream and about 400 Kb/s higher on the upstream.

It has been in sync with no resets or other issues for several days now, but the IP/BRAS profile is not changing.

Is it possible for a member of PlusNet staff to reset the profile for me please so that it can increase to be closer to the sync speed?   I know it won't be the same but is about 5 Mb/s out at the moment.

This is an ADSL 2+ line

13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Request for IP profile reset

I'm just running a few tests on your line.

[edit]

Can you PM me your userrname so I can make sure I'm looking at the right line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ccarmock
Rising Star

Did you get my PM?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi there. You maybe able to check this yourself - Sorry if these are obvious questions to you, but how do you know the IP/bRAS profile is not increasing - Have you run the BTw Diagnostic test to check it at all?
As you are on ADSL2+ it should increase immediately there is any increase in sync speed, and it should 0.882 x your sync speed from your DSL stats.
Another possible issue is that your Current Line Speed may not have increase if the BT Servers haven't sent an updated Delta Report to Plusnet's systems. It should be the same as the BT IP Profile (rounded down to the nearest 0.1).

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Matthew hasn't been in the office for the last week. However if this is the account I've found then we're profiling it at 15.7Mb/s right now. It's syncing at 17906, so that's correct.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ccarmock
Rising Star

It's more the upload - it's syncing at 1276 but the profile is a fair bit lower around 800 - I would expect it to be higher than that?
Chris
Legend

Where are you seeing a profile of 800? Is this on a BT speedtest?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ccarmock
Rising Star

Hi - yes that's right.
Chris
Legend

OK, it looks like you've been connected solidly for 13+ days. Can you try a single disconnect/reconnect and see how that goes?

ccarmock
Rising Star

Just tried that - that seems to have reset the noise margin to 6 dB, where it was 3 before and thus resulted in a slower sync on downstream, though up is the same.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The upload IP profile shown is just a number provided to fill a slot on the page, it isn't used to regulate data transmissions. The value of 832mbp shown is a legacy setting carried over from ADSL Max. It means upstream is uncapped. Data will transfer at up to sync speed (less overheads).

David
Anotherone
Champion

As spraxyt has said, the IP Profile shown by the tester for upstream isn't the real profile and your upstream sync speed is pretty well flat out for ADSL2+, so you shouldn't have an issue there.
If your sync speed was banded to 888, then this might have indicated an issue with errors being high. Some exchange line cards band the speed to 888 when Interleaving is used and the depth is increased.

ccarmock
Rising Star

Thanks for all the replies.    I will do some more testing on the upstream speeds.

Is there a way to have the target noise margin reduced to 3 dB now that the line fault has been corrected though?  It's at 6 dB right now.

Anotherone
Champion

Although one of the Plusnet Help Team might be able to get this done, it's not very common, I suspect that they will likely say that you are best waiting for DLM to lower it, which it should if errors are low enough.