Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for IP Profile Reset Please

FIXED
xxSONICxx
Dabbler

Request for IP Profile Reset Please

Hiya,

Due to a stormy night 3 days ago, it caused our connection to re-sync at a really low speed. Once the storm had passed i re-booted the router and it sync'ed back at our usual speed of 2271 kbps. However, our IP Profile has not recovered yet and is still stuck at 1.2mb, even though the router has kept continous sync for 2+ days with low errors.

Please can a member of staff from Plusnet request an IP Profile reset on our line please, or remove our IP Profile from any IP Profile bracket / banding?

Many thanks & kindest regards Smitten

11 REPLIES 11
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Request for IP Profile Reset Please

Hi,

What are you looking at, the Plusnet Current Line speed or the BT Wholesale profile?   I'm not sure Plusnet can reset the BT profile, but if it's updated and Plusnet hasn't caught up then they should be able to manually reset their profile.  Sometimes they're slow to catch up.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Hey there. I've adjusted your connection profile now, maxed it out to 21 Mbps. The regular delta report speed updates should automatically set it at the correct level over the next few days according to your sync speed.

Long story short, if you reboot your router now or disconnect/reconnect, you'll receive a faster speed. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
xxSONICxx
Dabbler

Many thanks Anoush Grin ...yes just rebooted now and speeds are back to normal, most appreciated! 

ryanmccord

Sorry for Hijacking the thread but could I also get this as I'm pretty much in the same situation I think.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 19.5 37.0
SNR Margin: 13.5 8.3
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 6574650 32713561
Speed: 888 4539

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 10 -- 9 to 11 Available -- --

Morning @ryanmccord Your sync speed is currently under the estimate so this would need to be looked into greater detail, can you complete the broadband trouble shooter at http://faults.plus.net so that our faults team will investigate further for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ryanmccord

I've gotten all the way up to the question where it wants me to try a different router, which i do not have. I'm hesitant to continue because it says if i continue past the question and an engineer comes out i'd have to pay for it which I'm not going to do since I payed for the line to go in in the first place Sad

Is there anything else I can do?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If you're using the plusnet router we sent out back in May, I wouldn't worry about being charged if the router is faulty as it's still under its 12 month warranty period so we would replace it free of charge if an engineer proved it was the cause of the issue.

ryanmccord

ok done everything now just waiting.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks. I'll have a bit of free time before I finish my shift today so I'll pick up your ticket for you. Just out of curiosity, do you have a test socket? If possible it'll be handy to rule out a fault with your internal wiring.

ryanmccord

No I do not have a test socket unfortunately.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me. I've updated your fault ticket on your account.